Here’s what I did at Grace Community Church this weekend…
Sunday Morning Sermon: The Inauguration of the Messiah – Mark 1:9-13 (pt. 2)
Continuing in our series on the Gospel of Mark we examined Mark 1:9-13. Here is the outline:
I. Jesus Publicly Submits to His Ministry as a Substitute for Man (v. 9)
a. The first step toward substitutionary atonement: Jesus arrives.
b. The second step toward substitutionary atonement: Baptism.
II. Jesus is Publicly Confirmed for His Ministry as One Sent by God (vv. 10-11)
a. The anointing of the Spirit
b. The affirmation of the Father
III. Jesus is Publicly Initiated into His Ministry as the Conqueror of Evil (vv.12-13)
a. Sent out by the Spirit
b. Tempted by Satan
Sunday Evening Sermon: The Means of the Mission: Evangelism
On Sunday night we are continuing to talk about our mission as a church and how we can accomplish that mission. Clearly that means that we MUST be a an evangelizing church. To help with this we looked at the following questions:
- What is the work of evangelism?
- What is the message of evangelism?
- Why do we do the work of evangelism?
- How do we do the work of evangelism?
Sunday Night Pizza & Preaching Questions
- Why was Jesus baptized?
- Why did Jesus need to be anointed by the Spirit?
- What was significant about the Father’s affirmation of the Son?
- Why did Jesus have to be tempted by Satan?
- What is Evangelism?
- How are you doing in the area of Evangelism?
GCC Children’s Ministry
Children’ Sunday School
Genesis 11:27-12:9 – God Makes a Promise to Abram
Q 1: Who made you? God.
Q 2. What else did God make? God made all things.