Since today is good Friday I thought that it would be a good opportunity to simply reflect upon the crucifixion. Here are some resources to do just that:
- Journal of American Medical Association article on the Physical Death of Jesus (very detailed and emotionally hard to read).
- The Biblical Account of Good Friday (HT: Justin Taylor)
- Our Suffering Substitute – Spurgeon
- On Glorying Only in the Cross of Our Lord Jesus Christ – Calvin
- What Really Happened on the Cross (.mp3 sermon audio) – C. J. Mahanney
Hopefully these resources will aid you as you seek to appropriately reflect upon the cross of Christ.