I. Relationship with God
But when the Pharisees heard that he had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together. And one of them, a lawyer, asked him a question to test him. “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”
- Are you consistently seeking and finding joy in your relationship with God?
- Are you seeking a relationship with God through the work of Christ rather than on your own merit?
- Are you showing more affection/love toward God than the things of this world? (even your family)
- What are you getting enjoyment from in your life?
- Is your relationship with God a chore, or is it a source of joy and refreshment?
- How is your prayer life? How much time do you spend praying? Are you praying things that are spiritually significant (i.e. the kind of things that God would want you to pray for)? When you pray are you communing with God, or are you just going through the motions?
- How often do you remind yourself of Christ’s work and your dependence upon him?