This week the Obama campaign announced that they will be charging “coverage packages” to media outlets wishing to cover the candidate in Chicago on election night.
Here is what the the campaign put out:
The following coverage resource packages are available for purchase:
* Main Riser Position – $935 (Includes 4 Main Riser Credentials, 5’x8′ Slot on Covered Main Riser and one 20 amp circuit)
* Main Riser Position with Telecommunications – $1870 (Includes Main Riser Position services, PLUS two unlimited long distance/local phone lines and one wired high speed internet connection)
* Cut Riser Position – $880 (Includes 4 Cut Riser Credentials, 5’x8′ Slot on Covered Cut Riser, one 20 amp circuit)
* Cut Riser Position with Telecommunications – $1815 (Includes Cut Riser Position services, PLUS two unlimited long distance/local phone lines and one wired high speed internet connection)
* Press File Seat – $935 (includes 1 Press File Credential, seat in heated Press File Tent, Power, Cable Television, High Speed Wired Internet Service, Catering)
* Satellite Truck Position – $900 (includes 35’x20′ parking position and 100 amp electrical service)
* Radio Position – $715 (includes table space and chair behind the riser, power and an ISDN BRI line for radio — comes with two credentials)
Billing information must be submitted at as part of the request. Your credit card will not be charged until the campaign confirms your coverage resource package request. Coverage resource packages must be requested at:
Additional services may be purchased a la carte:
* Unlimited Long Distance Phone Line – $300
* High Speed Wired Internet – $275
* One 20 amp circuit – $165
For telephone service internet connectivity and additional power, orders must be placed by October 23rd, 2008. For questions on pricing or additional telecommunications assistance, please contact (deleted)
The following credentials may be requested at no cost:
* General Press Area – No Charge (Includes access to bike racked press area with standing room only)
You must fill out the form to the right to request each individual General Press Area credential.
Request media credentials for the Election Night event:
Credentials to access the General Media Area are available at no cost. Please note that the General Media Area is outdoors, unassigned and may have obstructed views. General Media Area credentials do not include access to riser positions, satellite truck parking or the press filing center.
Access to those resources are available for purchase at http://www.barackobama.com/pressbilling. Space is limited.
First Name: *
Last Name: *
Media Outlet/Affiliation: *
Media call letters (if applicable):
Base of Operations:
Country name (required if international):
City media outlet is based: *
* denotes required field
Read the article HERE.