Today is Friday and my head feels like it is Saturday. Unfortunately my desk is filled with items from Monday. If you are in the same boat then you might need to take a moment and have a laugh before you get back to work. If so, then you must check out THIS article on the annual Radio and Television Correspondents Assn. Dinner. Between Romney, and Chenney there is some really funny stuff. Here are a few examples of what I am talking about:
Mitt Romney –
In fact, the former candidate said he was there to offer a Top Ten List of why he decided …
to get out of the presidential race, one he reportedly penned himself, with help from his staff. He gamely plunged ahead:
10. There weren’t as many Osmonds as I thought.
9. I got tired of the corkscrew landings under sniper fire.
8. As a lifelong hunter, I didn’t want to miss the start of varmint season.
7. There wasn’t room for two Christian leaders.
6. I was upset that nobody had bothered to search my passport files.
5. I’d rather get fat, grow a beard and try for the Nobel prize.
4. I wanted to finally take off the dark suit and tie and kick back in a light-colored suit and tie.
3. Once my wife realized I couldn’t win, my fundraising dried up.
2. I took a bad fall at a campaign rally and broke my hair.
1. There was a flaw in our theory “As Utah goes, so goes the Nation.”
Dick Chenney –
But he told the media to “go easy on Sen. (Hillary) Clinton on the whole business of running from gunfire in Bosnia. She made an honest mistake. She confused the Bosnia trip with the time I took her hunting.”
Since it was the last time he would be addressing them, the vice president ended on a complimentary note, saying, “I want to tell you that I like and admire the broadcast media. I want to tell you how much I’ve come to appreciate the work you do often under extraordinarily difficult circumstances…
“I want to tell you all these things, but I just can’t bring myself to.”