Yesterday was the first day of the Brandon Biblical Theology Conference. What a blessing it was to fellowship with brothers from as far away as Colorado. Additionally, we had to the opportunity to sit under some excellent teaching from Chris Pixley & Dan Hayden. I have no intention of “live-blogging” any part of this conference, however I think that Chris made some excellent points that need to be pointed out. Chris gave 5 different areas of the Christian faith that are under attack from the relativistic, Post-Modern culture that we live in (the main headings come directly from the message and the additional comments are my own thoughts).
- The Doctrine of Scripture – If everything is relative then how can God’s word be authoritative?
- The Concept of God – If the Bible is unclear – meaning that we cannot be dogmatic about what it says b/c we do not know what it says – then God has failed in revealing His Word.
- Hermeneutics – Hermeneutic is the science of interpretation, and if truth is relative then there is no objective interpretation.
- Preaching – If we cannot understand the Bible to be true then we cannot communicate the truth.
- Sanctification – How can the Bible change our lives if it is not objectively true?